Test Stitchers Needed – Also Proof Readers / Editors
To ALL crafters … StitchMeKnot Creations is looking for test stitchers and proof readers / editors to test and review not only my patterns, but also the ‘recipe’ tutorials, like the recently posted knit cowl.
As an example, the knit cowl tutorial can be used to knit your own cowl in a completely different stitch pattern, or in fair isle, or entrelac or whatever your creativity leads you to, this is what I’m looking for.
The wonderful thing about the ‘recipe’ tutorials is they are not limited to one craft type.
Again, as an example let’s take the knit cowl tutorial. A crocheter can take the same “recipe” and use any crochet stitch or stitch pattern, and create a custom designed crochet cowl.
Here’s another example just for some “out of the box” creative inspiration.
In the StitchMeKnot Library, I recently posted several cross stitch borders. Not only would I love to see you use those borders in your own cross stitch projects, but I am convinced that at least a few of them would make really neat plastic canvas picture frames.
Some of them would make nice bookmarks, too, I think.
You are only limited by your own creative imagination.
Here is my proposal, and I am open to any / all ideas, suggestions, comments, so please let’s discuss this.
1. If you want to be a pattern tester, please leave a note on either my Ravelry group or my Stitchboard community forum board telling me what type of craft project you’re interested in testing / proofreading.
You may also select a pattern from the StitchMeKnot Store if you like, as most of those patterns have not yet been tested.
2. I will provide you with a pattern of your choice for testing and/or review.
3. In return, I am looking for honest open feedback on the pattern’s accuracy, usability, readability, etc. If you find a mistake, or think something can be made better, this is what I am looking for.
4. I am also looking for 2-3 high resolution photos of your finished project.
5. Once I have received your high resolution photos, I will post them here on StitchMeKnot Creations. I will be creating a ‘member’ gallery where I will showcase your finished creations.
6. I will give you attribution by putting your name / username and/or blog or store address in the caption of the images.
7. I have created a pinterest board specifically for all StitchMeKnot Creations testers who send in their photos. These photos will also have your name / username and / or blog or store address, if you so desire.
8. If you have a blog or a webstore, I would be very happy to either have you as a ‘guest speaker’ here on StitchMeKnot Creations, or I may promote your designs and link to your blog or store.
9. Once you have completed one of my patterns and provided the high resolution photos, you will be eligible to select another pattern for testing, if you like.
10. I do ask that you would respect my copyrights by not distributing any of my patterns elsewhere. Anyone caught doing so will be prohibited from testing any further patterns, and their photos, etc., will be removed from StitchMeKnot Creations and pinterest.
Again, I am open to any other suggestions, ideas, etc. regarding this topic. Let’s discuss it!
NOTE – You are free to sell any / all finished stitch products you create from StitchMeKnot patterns. If you create your own stitch designs, based upon mine, all I ask is attribution by giving a link to StitchMeKnot Creations. Of course you retain all copyrights to any and all designs and patterns you create.